THE LIST: MORNING BEAUTY’S TOP 10 LIPSTICKS FOR AUTUMN/WINTER
Carla Valois Lobo
There are no rules when choosing the colour of your lipstick. Still, during the cold days ahead you might prefer darker, bold shades. Brightening chilly nights, eye-catching hues also cheer up the dim garmets you are likely to be wearing the next six months. As Autumn draws in, it is time to revamp yourself, as well as changing the glossy corals and pale pinks for brick reds, dark plums, moody berries and vibrant fuchsias.
We have been trialling several lipstick shades to bring you 10 of the best for Autumn/Winter 2016. Firstly, however, keep in mind that the right hue depends of your skin tone and that hydration is imperative to maintain your lips juicy. If you have fair skin, you should go for blue or purple based lipsticks, but if your complexion is olive you shall stick with warmer, yellow based shades. As for those with darker skin tones, deep colours are always flattering.
Yet, before applying a colourful lipstick, especially if matte-textured, remember to use a lip scrub and following it with a lip primer. Having an enriched, moisturising lip balm in hand also might be helpful in case you are not drinking enough water, plus it aids to beat dehydration caused by central heating and windy outdoors. And, last but not least, fuller lips will make you look younger, as well as holding lipstick for longer.
+ The List: Morning Beauty’s Top 10 BB Creams
Check out on the gallery below Morning Beauty’s Top 10 Lipsticks for Autumn/Winter 2016:
- The Hydra-Smooth Lip Colour in Dare Me (£15), by Benefit Cosmetics, is a bright fuchsia that beautifully suits all skin tones. It provides medium to full coverage, and it has a silky, slightly glossy finish. Also, thanks to ingredients such as beeswax, castor seed oil, shea butter and vitamin E, it helps keeping your lips hydrated for over four hours. Available at benefitcosmetics.co.uk/, Debenhams and John Lewis ©Benefit Cosmetics
- The newly launched Dior Addict Lipstick in Be Dior (£26.50), by Dior, is a dazzling raspberry pink that goes well with blondes and brunettes of fair and olive skin. As it boasts a hydra-gel core composed of three oils, it rapidly melts over the lips, which are left plumper, as well as looking more voluminous. It sports medium to full coverage, and it gives a long-lasting glossy finish that does not feel sticky. Available at Boots, Debenhams, John Lewis and Selfridges ©Dior
- Dolce & Gabbana has recently launched Sophia Loren Nº 1 (£31), which is a deep pink that appeals all skin tones and ages. The lipstick comes in an elegant golden case, engraved in black with Sophia Loren's signature, and it is fairly pigmented, yet exquisitely lightweight. Texture-wise, it features an alluring satin, slightly glossy finish. Available exclusively at Harrods ©Dolce & Gabbana
- Estée Lauder's Pure Color Envy Matte in Extrovert (£25) is a vampy, matte-textured aubergine. It works really well with all skin tones, yet it is definitely a bold shade that will make you stand out; therefore, prepare yourself to be noticed. It glides on smoothly over the lips, plus it has a long-lasting creamy formula that feels utterly comfortable, as well as moisturising. Available at esteelauder.co.uk/, Harrods, House of Fraser and Selfridges ©Estée Lauder
- The Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Icon (£22), by Hourglass, is a classic red that brilliantly suits all skin tones. It boasts a creamy, hydrating formula and a silky, long-lasting finish, plus it is highly pigmented. Luckily, the metal case it comes in is refillable with cartridges that are sold separately for £15. Available at Liberty and Space NK ©Hourglass
- Wine-hued, Japonesque's Pro Performance Lipstick in shade 9 is highly pigmented and creamy in texture. It delivers a long-lasting satin finish, and it provides full coverage with just one swipe. Lips are left plumper, visibly more voluminous, and it can be worn by all skin tones. Available at QVC UK ©Japonesque
- The Persistence (£15.50), by M.A.C Cosmetics, is a highly pigmented brick red that suits utterly well those with fair or olive skin tones, especially if dark-haired. Even though providing a matte finish, it feels pleasantly creamy and it glides on like a dream over the lips. Additionally, it sports full coverage and lasts for whooping hours. Available at maccosmetics.co.uk, Fenwick, Debenhams, House of Fraser, and Selfridges ©M.A.C Cosmetics
- The Mattelustre Lipstick in Plum Berry (£14), by Pixi Beauty, features a creamy texture that melts over the lips and settles down into a velvety, demi-matte finish, which lasts for hours without bleeding. Its hydrating formula is enriched with dimethicone, hexapeptide-12, and vitamins C and E, well as hyaluronic acid. Colour-wise, it perfectly suits all skin tones; available at pixibeauty.co.uk, Cult Beauty and Marks & Spencer ©Pixi Beauty
- Sisley's Hydrating Long Lasting Lipstick in L25 Geisha Red (£34) is a blue-based cherry red that delivers an outstanding colour pay-off, as well as sporting a nourishing texture and a silky finish. It slides on easily over the lips as its bullet is spiral-shaped, and it is best worn by those with cool undertones; in addition, it comes in a luxury golden tube adorned with Sisley's logo in black. Available at www.sisley-paris.co.uk, Liberty, Harrods, House of Fraser and John Lewis ©Sisley
- The Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy (£15.50), by Urban Decay, is a blue-based bright pink with a satin finish. It offers full coverage with just one swipe, plus it is incredibly moisturising due to a blend of jojoba and avocado oils, cocoa and shea butter. It looks great on pale skin tones, particularly on blondes. Available at urbandecay.co.uk/, Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis and Selfridges ©Urban Decay