THE LIST: MORNING BEAUTY’S TOP 10 DAY CREAMS
Carla Valois Lobo
A well-hydrated complexion makes us look and feel well, as we always try to point out here. It also prevents premature signs of ageing, such as fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles. Furthermore, it helps to reduce redness and to lighten skin’s blemishes and dark spots.
Whether you’re not drinking enough water or your skin is naturally prone to dryness, there are plenty of gorgeously formulated day creams currently available in the United Kingdom. In order to assist you to decide which one is for you, we have tested several of them to select the 10 products featured below.
It is worth remembering that as our body is mostly made up of water – approximately 57%, if you really want to know –, and nothing can ever replace it. Also, it has no calories and contains no sugars, which means it won’t damage your teeth or increasing your weight.
+ The List: Morning Beauty’s Top 10 Tinted Moisturisers
As previously mentioned, please check out on the gallery below Morning Beauty’s Top 10 Day Creams:
- Slightly thick, yet really smooth, the Rejoice Light Facial Day Cream (£26), by Antipodes, quickly sinks on the skin. It deeply nourishes, plus it works wonderfully as a primer under makeup. Its non-greasy formula is enriched with shea butter, vitamin E and avocado, rosehip, jojoba and macadamia oils. Furthermore, it does not contain synthetic preservatives or fragrances, which makes it perfect for those with sensitive skin. Available at Selfridges, Planet Organic and Whole Foods ©Antipodes
- The Cell Revitalise Day Moisturiser (£42), by Aurelia Probiotic Skincare, is an exquisitely blended whipped cream that effortlessly glides on the skin. It nourishes, soothes and plumps the complexion, also increasing its firmness. It works utterly well as a primer, and its formula is fragrance-, sulphates-, silicones- and parabens-free. Also, it is contains baobab, hibiscus and aloe vera extracts, plus jamine, mandarin, rosehip, plumeria and tuberose essential oils. Available at aureliaskincare.com/, Liberty and Space NK ©Aurelia Probiotic Skincare
- Velvety-textured, the Multi-Action Day Cream (£63), by Bliss, instantly boosts skin's hydration. It helps to firm and to reduce the appearence of fine lines and blemishes, which means a younger-looking complexion. It is formulated with active ingredients such as niacinamide, gardenia stem cells, shea butter, glycolic and hyaluronic acids. Available at blissworld.co.uk/, Debenhams, John Lewis and Selfridges ©Bliss
- Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Cream (£70) is gorgeously a thick moisturiser that suits perfectly those with dehydrated or dry skin, plus it provides broad-spectrum sun protection with SPF 15. It instantly lifts and evens out the complexion, and it delivers a silky finish that is an amazing base for makeup. Its formula is infused with peptides, vitamin E, ascorbic acid, plant extracts and several essential oils, such as rosehip, camellia and sunflower oils. Available at charlottetilbury.com, Fenwick, Harrods and Selfridges ©Charlotte Tilbury
- Developed for those with normal to dry skin, the HydraQuench Cream SPF 15 (£35), by Clarins, finely moisturises, refreshes and and softens the complexion. Its lightweight formula includes shea butter, katafray extract, hyaluronic acid and sunflower oil and it protects from UVB rays, plus it gives a radiant, silky finish. Available at clarins.co.uk/, Boots, John Lewis, House of Fraser and Selfridges ©Clarins
- Exceptionally lightweight, Créme de la Mer's Moisturizing Gel Cream (£108 per 30ml) promptly calms down and hydrates the skin, which is left with a velvety, yet glowing finish. Even though its price is clearly above the average, a small amount of it goes a long way. It contains seaweed extract, alfafa seed powder, sunflower seedcake, sweet almond seed meal, vitamin E and sesame seed oil. Available at cremedelamer.co.uk/, John Lewis and Selfridges ©Crème de la Mer
- Liz Earle's Skin Repair Light Moisturiser (£20.25 per 50ml) is a weightless cream that suits combination and oily skin utterly well, although it also works for those with normal or dry skin. It is quickly absorbed, and the complexion is left gleefully smooth and nourished. Its anti-oxidant rich formula contains avocado, wheat and starflower oils, vitamin E, lactic acid, beta-carotene, echinacea and hops extracts. Available at http://uk.lizearle.com/, Fenwick and John Lewis ©Liz Earle
- Omorovicza's Illuminating Moisturizer (£85) deeply hydrates and brightens the complexion, also blurring the appearence of blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles. It delivers a healthy, yet shine-free finish, and it smells heavenly. In addition, it suits all skin types and its frosted heavy glass bottle keeps active ingredients protected from overexposure. In spite of being priced above the average,
you don't need to apply much to get as a little goes a long way, plus it contains ruby crystals in its formula. Available at omorovicza.co.uk, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Space NK and Harrods ©Omorovicza
- Lightweight, yet intensely hydrating, Pai's Geranium & Thistle Rebalacing Cream (£34) soothes and calms down combination skin. It also rebalances the complexion, especially the T-zone, which helps to reduce blemishes, blackheads and enlarged pores. Powered by a blend of jojoba, starflower, geranium, lavender, thistle, manuka and palmarosa oils, it is free of alcohol, synthetic preservatives or parabens, plus it is non-comedogenic. Additionally, it works really well as a base for makeup. Available at paiskincare.com/, Planet Organic and Whole Foods ©Pai
- Sisley's Moisturizer with Cucumber (£104) revitalises and softens the complexion, which quickly goes from dull to dewy. It comfortably sinks on the skin, and it feels incredibly pleasant to use. Its refreshing, silky smooth formula restores balance without increasing oiliness, plus it provides a luminous, velvety finish. Designed to suit all skin types, it is available at sisley-paris.com/, Space NK, House of Fraser, John Lewis and Selfridges ©Sisley