THE LIST: MORNING BEAUTY’S TOP 10 CREAM BLUSHERS
Carla Valois Lobo
Summer requires fresher, less made up looks, and the right cream blusher can help you achieve it. A good, well formulated cream blusher will give you a healthy, natural rosy glow. Fortunately there are all sorts of shades and textures currently available in the market.
Cream blushers are perfect especially for those with dry skin as they usually have moisturising ingredients. Everyone can use it though — unless your skin is too oily or blemish-prone then we recommend a compact blusher.
We firmly believe however that despite your skin undertone or type you can freely choose what suits you best. Ignore colour or texture rules; the makeup bag is yours so it’s completely in your hands to decide in which product to invest.
Check out on the gallery below for our 10 favourite cream blushers (from budget friendly to high end products):
- The Pop of Passion Blush Balm in Papaya (£20), by bareMinerals, is a pinkish coral that suits all skin tones. It blends exquisitely and it provides a natural, radiant flush that lasts for whopping 6-8 hours, especially for those with dry skin. Available in three shades at bareminerals.co.uk, House of Fraser, Boots and Selfridges ©bareMinerals
- BECCA's Beach Tint Shimmer Shoufflé (£22) in Raspberry/Opal glides easily onto complexion and it provides a dazzling luminous rosy flush that lasts for six to eight hours. Its colour suits all skin undertones, and its formula is water-resistant; available in six shades at Space NK and QVC ©BECCA Cosmetics
- The Cream Blush in 02 (£7.99), by Bourjois, is a gorgeous coral whose texture is so silky you barely feel you're using it. It works extremely well for combination and oily skin, and its formula is enriched with poppy extract and mango seed butter. Available in four shades at Boots and Superdrug ©Bourjois
- Burberry's recently launched Lip & Cheek Bloom (£24) is exquisitely formulated to subtle colour both cheeks and lips. It has a velvety, yet non-greasy texture that makes it great for combination or oily skin. We selected shade Rose 01, which suits best those with pale skin as it's a very discrete bluish pink. Burberry however offers shades for warm, olive undertones as well, such as Orange Blossom 07, Poppy 09 and Purple Tulip 11. The Lip & Cheek Bloom is available at uk.burberry.com/ and Harrods ©Burberry
- Givenchy's Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip & Cheek Balm (£21.50) is really hydrating and it glides pretty well. It delivers a rosy sheer glow to the complexion, and adds volume to the lips as its texture is thick and gel-like. It flatters all skin tones and types, although it suits best those with dry skin. Available at Harrods and House of Fraser ©Givenchy
- Illamasqua's Cream Blusher in Laid (£22) delivers a rosy, healthy colour to your cheekbones. It sticks onto the skin for hours, and its texture is pretty lightweight, non-greasy. It can be easily applied with your fingers or a brush. Available in seven shades at Selfridges and Debenhams ©Illamasqua
- The Creamy Glow in Patrice (£22.50) , by Kevyn Aucoin, is a translucent red blusher that suits perfectly warm skin tones. It melts effortlessly on the cheekbones as its texture is really lightweight and buttery. We also tested the shade Isadore, which is a lovely pink that look amazing in cooler skin tones. Both Patrice and Isadore deliver a long-lasting healthy finish and are available at Space NK ©Space NK
- The Multiple in Orgasm (£29), by Nars, is the ultimate shimmery cream blusher. Its colour is the same of the brand's iconic compact blusher but brighter. It suits all skin tones and it offers a glowing, radiant finish. It can be perfectly used in the eyes and lips as well; available in 13 shades at narscosmetics.co.uk, Selfridges, House of Fraser, and Space NK ©Nars
- The Cremeblend Blush in Ladyblush (£18), by M.A.C Cosmetics, glides beautifully and gives a bright flush to the complexion. It has a creamy, non-greasy texture and it's really long-lasting. Its formula is enriched with beeswax, shea butter and olive and avocado oils. Available in five shades at Fenwick, Selfridges, Debenhams and House of Fraser ©M.A.C Cosmetics
- Stila's Convertible Color in Petunia (&16) is a light, delicate pink that provides a subtle flush to the complexion. It suits all fair to medium undertones, and it's perfect for those with combination or oily skin as its formula, even containing lanolin and castor seed oils, is not greasy. Stila's Convertible Color is available in 14 shades at stila.co.uk, ASOS, and Boots ©Stila