THE LIST: MORNING BEAUTY’S TOP 10 BEST BODY SCRUBS
Carla Valois Lobo
As we age, skin’s cycle gets considerably slower. That means dead cells pile up easily on the surface of our epidermis, and as a result it turns dull, lackluster. Whether you have dry or oily skin, exfoliation improves its appearance as it removes these dead cells and avoids the pores clogging. It also accelerates skin’s renewal process, which helps to soothe blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles. In addition to all the enlisted benefits, you’ll feel refreshed.
It’s recommended to exfoliate once or twice a week – it depends of your skin type –, and it can be very pleasant as many scrubs are infused with essential oils and plant extracts, which means they usually smell great and do not contain nasty ingredients that will cause your allergy. We selected the 10 best body scrubs available in the market. They’re all physical exfoliators as they work by friction (directly on the skin or via loofahs).
Check out bellow Morning Beauty’s Top 10 Best Body Scrubs:
- Balance Me's Super Toning Body Polish (£18 per 150ml) pleasantly cleanses, exfoliates, nurtures and improves skin's circulation. It softens and helps to even skin's tone; its formula contains walnut shell powder, bergamot, juniper, geranium, lavender and sweet almond essential oils, blackberry leaf and iris root extracts, and dehydroacetic and stearic acids. The Super Toning Body Polish smells amazing and its texture is quite creamy. Available at balanceme.co.uk/ ©Balance Me
- Lemon & Sage Body Scrub (£30), by Bliss, is quite distinctive as it should be used pre-shower. Bliss recommends to massage it onto dry skin and then wash it, which is said to recreate "the experience and effects" of its spa's eponymous body treatment. Texture-wise, it's creamy white, and it has a lovely scent; its formula includes beeswax, propolis and hops extracts and stearic acid. Available at blissworld.co.uk/brands/bliss/ ©Bliss
- The Cranberry & Pomegranate Sugar Scrub (£12.99), by Burt's Bees, smells utterly fruity, and it gently cleanses and exfoliates the skin. When applied it melts onto the skin and it really leaves it brighter and smoother. Its natural-delivered formula, which is suitable for all skin types, includes honey, shea butter, cranberry fruit juice and powder, tocopherol (vitamin E), and coconut, olive, pomegranate, and sunflower seed essential oils. Available at burtsbees.co.uk/ ©Burt's Bees
- The 1000 Grain Body Exfoliator (£25) was recently launched by Decléor, and it's truly indulging. It easily melts and turns into an oil when massaged (in contact with water it then becomes a milky lotion), and it delivers a silky, glowing skin. Its sugar-bas ed formula is enriched with argan shell, grapefruit oil, orange peel, and grape, pineapple and passion fruit extracts. Decléor recommends using it once or twice a week, and it's suitable for all skin types. Available at decleor.co.uk/ ©Decléor
- L'Occitane's Almond Delicious Paste (£29) indeed look delicious with its smoothie thickness. Although it doesn't taste like a smoothie it really feels and smells amazing. Its luscious texture is the result of the mixture of white clay, sugar, shea butter and almond butter, oil, shell powder and fruit extract, but it also contains bergamot, grape and sunflower seed oils. It gently sinks on the skin, which means that a small amount goes a long way, and it's also very moisturising. Available at uk.loccitane.com/ ©L'Occitane
- Lush's Buffy (£11.45 per 200ml) is a scrub-bar that is filled with cocoa and shea butters, grounded rice, almonds, Aduki beans, and lavender and lemon essential oils. It lifts the skin's dead cells and polishes it by releasing its ingredient's grains when rubbed. It also gently hydrates due to the moisturising properties of cocoa and shea butter. Available at lush.co.uk ©Lush
- The Incredible Spreadable (£25 per 200ml), by Origins, deeply polishes the skin. It smells wonderfully as it's formulated with ginger, salt, sugar and mint, rosemary, sweet orange and spearmint essential oils; its texture is grainy but not scratchy. It is suitable for all skin types as it does not contain mineral oils, phtalates, parabens, synthetic colours or fragrances. Available at origins.co.uk/ ©Origins
- Clay and salt-based, the Seaweed Salt Scrub (£18.50), by Neal's Yard Remedies, perfectly exfoliates, tones and moisturises the skin. Its formula is enriched with seaweed extract, pumice, and avocado, grapefruit, ginger, frankincense, lemon and black pepper essential oils. Neal's Yard Remedies recommends to use it once a week and to avoid delicate areas; it's suitable for all skin types as all its ingredients are from natural origin. Available at nealsyardremedies.com/ ©Neal's Yard Remedies
- Soap & Glory's Pulp Friction (£8) is a creamy scrub that when rubbed forms a foamy soap texture. It contains grains that lightly exfoliate the skin leaving it with a rosy glow and velvety smoothness. It has a fruity scent due to a blend of fig fruit powder, orange peel and fig extracts, mandarin leaf and peppermint oils, pumice, orange fruit water, and tocopheryl (vitamin E). Available at soapandglory.com/ ©Soap & Glory
- The Body Shop's Shea Butter Body Scrub (£13 per 200ml) gently exfoliates. It also stimulates microcirculation, and leaves the skin feeling pleasantly softer. Its formula blends shea butter, sunflower seed, soybean and castor oils, rosemary extract and tocopherol (vitamin E), and it has a subtle, amusing scent. Available at thebodyshop.co.uk ©The Body Shop