RECIPE OF THE WEEK: STUFFED ROUND COURGETTES WITH PESTO
As summer arrives, so do new veggies: and courgettes are probably the star of the season. I’m particularly fond of the round ones for reasons beyond esthethics (I mean, how cute can a vegetable be?), as they have the perfect shape for stuffing. Paired with tomatoes, pesto and goat’s cheese, this comforting recipe is healthy, yummy and versatile: serve only one halve as a warm starter or place more for a delightfully satisfying main.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
3 round courgettes
1 tbsp pesto
8 cherry tomatoes, in quarters
60g feta (or any soft goat’s cheese)
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 red chilli, finely chopped (leave the seeds for a spicy kick)
1 tsp zathar
Salt and black pepper to taste
Mix of seeds (sunflower, pumpkin and hemp)
1. Pre heat the oven to 180º C.
2. Halve the courgettes and remove the core with a spoon. Reserve.
3. In a bowl mix the pesto, tomatoes, feta, spring onions, chilli and zathar together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Fill the courgettes with the mix and top with extra cheese (parmesan if you’re feeling naughty) and a mix of seeds.
5. Place in the oven for 30min, or until the courgettes are cooked and golden. Serve it with a light salad and a squeeze of fresh lemon