RECIPE OF THE WEEK: SEAFOOD PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS
Seafood and asparagus, a match made in heaven. Delicious, gorgeous-looking and easy to be made, this comforting seafood pasta with asparagus is just perfect for any occasion. Serve it with white wine, drink in moderation though.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
3 tbsp olive oil
30g salted butter
100g asparagus tips
1 garlic, crushed
1 shallot finely chopped
25g coriander, finely chopped
½ tsp chili flakes
300g scallops roeless
400g of chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp white wine
salt and pepper
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan and add the roeless scallops for 2 minutes or until golden. Set the roeless scallops aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil with the butter. Leave until the butter melts and then add the shallots for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and chili flakes, and fry for another 2 minutes. Add 3 tbsp white wine and the prawns and squids for 3 minutes. Cover the lid.
3. Add the roeless scallops. Turn off the heat and add the chopped tomatoes and the coriander. Add 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
4. In a small pan, boil the asparagus for 4 minutes. Drain it and add to the sauce.
5. Cook the pasta according to the instructions. Serve the pasta with the sauce on top and wedges of lemon.