GET THE LOOK: DISCOVER HOW TO RECREATE JILL STUART’S SS16 BEAUTY
M∙A∙C SENIOR MAKEUP ARTIST CLAIRE MULLEADY SHARES THE DETAILS ABOUT JILL STUART’S SPRING/SUMMER 2016 BEAUTY. READ BELOW AND DISCOVER HOW TO RECREATE THE LOOK.
“At Jill Stuart the girls were transformed with a soft pastel bohemian smokey eye. Makeup artist, Aaron De Mey, designed the look which was purely about the eye with skin perfected only where needed. With half in candy pink and the other half in a baby blue, it was striking in its simplicity. Despite the colours, the look wasn’t about being cute as the powdery matte texture and colour intensity offered a modern viewpoint.
When choosing colours for the show, the team at the makeup test wanted a specific pink which meant I needed to custom blend using M∙A∙C Chromolines in Process Magenta and Pure White. The Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Clearwater translated as the perfect blue.
– To create the look we started by massaging the skin with MAC Mineralize Charged Water Face and Body Lotion which brings a natural radiance to the skin without using make up.
– MAC Studio Finish Concealer was minimally applied to cover redness, blemishes and under eye darkness and the skin was kept fresh and youthful.
– To apply a soft but opaque shape on the eye, we used a M∙A∙C #242 Brush to press the colour onto the lid and under the eye, allowing it to fit each model but keeping it rounded. A M∙A∙C #217 Brush gave it the soft, blended appearance around the edge.
– Extended Play Mascara gave gentle definition to top and bottom lashes and Clear Brow Set brushed up brows to hold them in place.
– Lip Conditioner on the lips was all that was needed for hyrdration.
– Finally Blot Powder was dusted through the t-zone during line up just before the girls went out on the runway but so we could still see natural skin.”